Malpeque Fishing Village

The fishing village in Malpeque, Prince Edward Island, is quaint, charming and colourful. I could spend all day here photographing the boats, boathouses and lobster traps.

Here is another shot taken from the opposite side of the marina with a view of the puffy white clouds.

Most of these boats are fishing for lobster, mussels, oysters, clams, as well as some halibut and tuna.

I was surprised that I did not find tuna on any menu. Apparently when the tuna comes in, it is sold right on the dock to the Japanese who pay the highest price.

10 Responses to “Malpeque Fishing Village”

1. Russ Bishop says:

These are beautiful scenics Anne. Nice to see you’re having great weather back there now that Irene has passed.

• Anne McKinnell says:

Thanks Russ. I actually took these shots before the storm. Irene wasn’t too bad here. It was really windy, but oddly warm. I am used to cold storms!

2. You have made this area look very inviting. The colored boats (and reflections) look beautiful against the blue sky of the first photo, and blue and while cloud sky of the second. Nice placement of the color in each photo too.

• Anne McKinnell says:

Thank you very much for your visit and comments Linda! Prince Edward Island was beautiful and I had such a good time visiting there. I would highly recommend it if you ever get a chance.

3. I had some tuna in Nova Scotia. Smoked with a maple glaze (how original) and chili sauce. Spectacular!
    Olivier Du Tré recently posted..Lonely Chair by Olivier Du TreMy Profile

• Anne McKinnell says:

Lucky you! Now that I’m in Nova Scotia I’ll keep my eye out for tuna. Where did you have your memorable dinner?

4. Curt Fleenor says:

Great shots Anne! The soft reflections in the first image are wonderful and the clouds in the second are really impressive.
    Curt Fleenor recently posted..Secluded PoolMy Profile

• Anne McKinnell says:

Thank you very much Curt, I had a hard time choosing between them, so decided to post them both. It was such a quaint little village.

Beautiful shots. I love the composition on both images.
    Edith Levy recently posted..Old Montreal City Hall with Topaz B&W EffectsMy Profile