2011 was a stellar year for me, not only because I changed my life and had some fantastic photo opportunities as a result, but I also reached many of the other goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year.
1. In January I had two of my images in a gallery show in Victoria, British Columbia.
Ocean in Motion Triptych
2. In April my image of some boats rafted up in Desolation Sound was published in a Yacht Charter Catalog.
3. In May I sold my house and began my new life as a nomadic photographer.
4. In October, my image of sunrise at Elliott Bay in Seattle was published in the BetterPhoto Guide to Creative Digital Photography.
5. In October I also made my biggest sale to date. It is a photo of the Seattle Harbour at sunrise I took while I was there taking a seminar from my idol, Art Wolfe.
6. October was a big month since I also got my first magazine cover!
7. In November I launched my new photography website including new branding and integration of my photo gallery and blog, which you are now viewing!
8. In November I completed and launched my first ebook.
9. In December I started my monthly photography newsletter.
10. In December my image of the cobblestone bridge in Acadia National Park, Maine, won 2nd place at BetterPhoto.com.
What a year! So what are my goals for 2012?
- write more ebooks
- find some corporate sponsors so I can keep giving my ebooks away for free
- get more photos published in magazines
- increase my blog readership
- become a snowbird and continue the nomadic photographer lifestyle.
What are your photography goals for 2012?