The Little Things

When faced with such an expansive landscape as the Everglades it is hard to know where to point your lens sometimes. The land is so flat. At times like that, I try to focus on the little things.

This little tree frog was only about two inches long! I made the image using a 180mm macro lens. A cloud moved over the sun just in time to remove the harsh light overhead allowing me to photograph the frog in soft even light. It only lasted a few moments before the harsh light of the day came back.

Tree Frog, Everglades National Park, Florida

By the way, my friend Dan Bailey put together an excellent blog post where he interviewed a number of photographers, including me, on what inspires their creativity. Check it out on Dan’s adventure photography blog. I am honoured to be included in such great company.

Also, tomorrow I have a very important blog post to share with you. It’s not about me or my photography, but it’s something you need to know about. Please come back tomorrow.

22 Responses to “The Little Things”

1. Excellent clarity…and you were surely lucky with the sun :)
    Siddhartha Joshi recently posted..San Francisco, my experiments with new peopleMy Profile

Cool shot Anne. It is nice when nature’s soft box comes along at the right time. Glad you were there to take advantage of it.
    Len Saltiel recently posted..Rainy Day on the ThamesMy Profile

3. LensScaper says:

I love the diagonal composition and the totally neutral background
    LensScaper recently posted..Skiing with a cameraMy Profile

4. Curt Fleenor says:

Sometimes the little things can be the most rewarding!
    Curt Fleenor recently posted..Over and UnderMy Profile

5. Chris Hansen says:

Nice American Green Tree frog Anne! Love the soft background and the composition.
    Chris Hansen recently posted..At the LakeMy Profile

6. Without any doubt at all, this is a wonderful shot! And not just because it’s of our family (an amphibian), but also because it’s a great photograph! Love the details in our relative here, you’ve really composed and captured this one perfectly, my friend!
    Toad Hollow Photography recently posted..Tillicum LodgeMy Profile

7. Chris Hansen says:

I see on the map that you are close to Sanibel. I hope you hit Ding Darling. Some of the walking trails on the inner island
    are much quieter than the main refuge.
    Chris Hansen recently posted..At the LakeMy Profile

• Hey Chris, yes, I did go to Ding Darling! It was a really nice place, but didn’t have nearly as many birds as what was at the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge near Cape Canaveral. I highly recommend it if you are every in the area. Sanibel was cool with it’s shell beaches. Thank you very much for letting me know in any case, much appreciated!

8. andy gimino says:

Nice one anne! Love this little guy!
    andy gimino recently posted..Time Is FleetingMy Profile

9. Brian Carey says:

I love these little guys. And perhaps most importantly is when the frog community is healthy the world is too. :-)
    Brian Carey recently posted..St John’s NewfoundlandMy Profile

10. Fhellie Den says:

I love this post…Thanks Anne!!Great job here!!
    Fhellie Den recently posted..Relaxation Techniques For AnxietyMy Profile

11. Pettina26 says:

I really love reading your blog. Thanks.
    Pettina26 recently posted..Alpe d HuezMy Profile