Egret Fishing

Like a cat about to pounce…

Egret, Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge, Florida
Please click the image to view a larger version.

I made this image during my visit to Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge in Florida.

Just a reminder that I have very limited internet access this week but I have scheduled these images to go up on the blog for you to enjoy.

16 Responses to “Egret Fishing”

Beautiful Anne. Hope you are enjoying Texas
    Len Saltiel recently posted..Tioga Road BeautyMy Profile

• Hi Len, I am loving Texas!! Big Bend is fantastic. It’s just like a western movie out here. All dry and hot and cactuses and canyons. I’ve read some people’s reviews who thought it was hell, but I love it. It’s beautiful. Oh, and there are scary little hairy pig like creatures with giant teeth!! A dog was attacked by one, and I was growled at (seriously scary, it was in the bushes so I only heard it, sounded real angry) but I haven’t managed to photograph one. They are called “javalinas” (haa-va-lina)

2. Steve says:

This is a great shot. I love the out-of-focus greenery in the reflection. A nice contrast to the bird itself. Gives it an almost 3-D effect.

• Thank you very much Steve! Yes, that green reflection of the mangroves made up for not getting the perfectly still water. I took this only 5 minutes after the egret with the perfect reflection. That’s the difference between 6:25am and 6:30am!

3. Steve says:

Sorry to do the camera geek thing again, but what focal length did you use?

4. Beautiful image Anne. Lovely light and colors and nice job on the exposure.
    Jay Taylor (aka Sirfishalot) recently posted..February 29th, 2012: On Golden WingMy Profile

5. Cool image Anne, good work once again!

6. snowy says:

I think this is my favorite of the many excellent images you’ve posted over the last few months. The reflected vegetation is amaaazing.

7. Mark Neal says:

Beautifully done, Anne. Your DOF really adds a lot to this shot. Very nice!!
    Mark Neal recently posted..HDR – The heArt of WashingtonMy Profile

8. Dianne Coffey says:

I am interested in purchasing the Egret photo “like a cat about to pounce”.
    Please advise the price and how to process the payment.
    Dianne

9. Steven Read says:

Nice one Anne! Didn’t know you had a 400mm.. I’m from Florida but was not into photography then. Have to get back there one of these days..Thanks for sharing, Steve