Egret Fishing

Like a cat about to pounce…

Egret, Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge, Florida

Please click the image to view a larger version.

I made this image during my visit to Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge in Florida.

Just a reminder that I have very limited internet access this week but I have scheduled these images to go up on the blog for you to enjoy.

Comments

Hi Len, I am loving Texas!! Big Bend is fantastic. It’s just like a western movie out here. All dry and hot and cactuses and canyons. I’ve read some people’s reviews who thought it was hell, but I love it. It’s beautiful. Oh, and there are scary little hairy pig like creatures with giant teeth!! A dog was attacked by one, and I was growled at (seriously scary, it was in the bushes so I only heard it, sounded real angry) but I haven’t managed to photograph one. They are called “javalinas” (haa-va-lina)

This is a great shot. I love the out-of-focus greenery in the reflection. A nice contrast to the bird itself. Gives it an almost 3-D effect.

Thank you very much Steve! Yes, that green reflection of the mangroves made up for not getting the perfectly still water. I took this only 5 minutes after the egret with the perfect reflection. That’s the difference between 6:25am and 6:30am!

2. snowy says

I think this is my favorite of the many excellent images you’ve posted over the last few months. The reflected vegetation is amaaazing.

3. Dianne Coffey says

I am interested in purchasing the Egret photo “like a cat about to pounce”.
    Please advise the price and how to process the payment.
    Dianne

4. Steven Read says

Nice one Anne! Didn’t know you had a 400mm.. I’m from Florida but was not into photography then. Have to get back there one of these days..Thanks for sharing, Steve