A Piece of the Old Florida

Florida has many things to offer: white beaches, fast cars, clear warm water, lots of birds, crazy drivers, manatees, space rockets and more. But the real charm of old Florida we found at Cedar Key.

There are far fewer tourists here than in other areas of the state we visited and the laid back lifestyle here will bring us back.

Please click on any of the images to view larger versions.
Cedar Key, Florida

Cedar Key, Florida

The two images above are high dynamic range images made by combining three exposures. Since it was sunrise, the sky was quite a bit brighter than the buildings.

In the two images below, there was little or no sky and therefore the even exposure did not require HDR. They are just straight images which I processed using Nik Color Efex Pro.

Cedar Key, Florida

Cedar Key, Florida

12 Responses to “A Piece of the Old Florida”

1. Alexander says:

Hello Anne,
    I can see you heading up nothwards .
    I am myself a big fan of HDR and honestly really loved the pictures you posted the last couple of days.
    Alex

Terrific images Anne. The first two are stunning. So well processed with great color.
    Len Saltiel recently posted..Nature’s CathedralMy Profile

3. Chris Plante says:

Excellant! The HDR is tastefully done.

I love those little out of the way places, they usually offer more charm and chill vibe.
    Chris Plante recently posted..Friday NIGHT!My Profile

4. Mark Neal says:

Really great images, Anne. What you’ve done with the Color Efex Pro is really nice. I really like your compositions.
    Mark Neal recently posted..HDR – Frank’s is Closed on MondayMy Profile

5. Joe Hudspeth says:

Beautiful capture Anne!

6. Always so beautiful…am I getting repetitive here? Can’t help it at all :)
    Siddhartha Joshi recently posted..(not) frozen balls…My Profile

Really great images Anne. I have to say that the second one is my favorite.
    Edith Levy recently posted..Brooklyn BridgeMy Profile

8. Curt Fleenor says:

Very nice set Anne! I now have Island Fever but I bet cure can be found at Coconut’s!
    Curt Fleenor recently posted..Keep Up The PaceMy Profile

9. John Nandor says:

Great series of captures Anne!
    John Nandor recently posted..Ignition by John NandorMy Profile

10. Anne Jutras says:

Beautiful set of images, Anne! I love Florida, the colors of their building are so vivid. Great processing!
    Anne Jutras recently posted..Suivez le guide!My Profile

11. Russ Bishop says:

Wonderful images here Anne! I missed them earlier, but glad you posted them in the newsletter.
    Russ Bishop recently posted..Shoot+Share – New eBook from Craft & VisionMy Profile