Grapevine Hills, Texas

This is Grapevine Hills in Big Bend National Park, Texas. You have to drive 7.5 miles on an extremely bumpy road that requires a high clearance vehicle or 4 wheel drive. It took a lot longer than expected because you have to drive so slowly. That’s why I always like to leave early for the sunset shoot – you just never know what is going to try to stand in your way! The trail you can see in the valley is the trail we hiked out to get to balanced rock from yesterday’s post.

Big Bend National Park, Texas
Please click the image to view a larger version.

Just a short blog post today because I am busily getting ready to launch my new eBook tomorrow! Please sign-up to get your copy.

“Before The Shutter” will help you get the most out of your next photo trip by planning ahead. Don’t just hope for a great image! It is FREE and going exclusively to my monthly newsletter subscribers. So, if you’re not already subscribed, why not do that now to make sure you get your free copy when it is released tomorrow.

15 Responses to “Grapevine Hills, Texas”

1. Alexander says:

What a beautiful image, no words needed!
    Alex

2. LensScaper says:

Super view through to those distant hills and wonderful evening light.
    LensScaper recently posted..Flowering NowMy Profile

3. Wow…stunning! I am traveling through some rocky mountains too for the past few days…I look forward to sharing some of those. Nothing quite as spectacular as this though :)
    Siddhartha Joshi recently posted..a train ride to remember…My Profile

4. Chuck Bruton says:

Anne,
    I posted that this is one of the best images I’ve seen from the
    Bid Bend area………well done !

5. Amazing shot! Reminds me of Mars!
    John S. Mead (@BlueLionPhotos) recently posted..A Primate Primer: Part 2My Profile

6. Steve says:

Very nice, Anne. Great exposure(s). Looks illustrative more than photographic. Looking forward to your new book.

7. Mark Neal says:

Beautiful shot, Anne. The overall tone is very nice. Dramatic and peaceful at the same time. Great work.
    Mark Neal recently posted..HDR – Can You Say Arches?My Profile

8. What an absolutely gorgeous scene, Anne!
    Toad Hollow Photography recently posted..St. Andrew’s Anglican CemeteryMy Profile

9. Wow, what a breathtaking scene Anne! Awesome detail and color, thanks for taking us there.
    Jay Taylor (aka Sirfishalot) recently posted..March 30th, 2012 – Avian Friday: Reddish EgretMy Profile

• Hi Jay, Sorry for the late reply, I have had very limited internet access lately. Thank you very much for your comments on the Grapevine Hills image. It was an amazing scene to behold! I’m glad I did it justice. It was one of my favourite places in Big Bend.

10. imamtho says:

Wonderful shot, it’s seem need a great effort to get there…
    imamtho recently posted..Laguna Pari, SawarnaMy Profile

11. Brent Clark says:

This is one of the best pictures of Big Bend I’ve ever seen! Very nice! Was this taken at sunrise or sunset?