The Castle at Capitol Reef

Of all the national parks in Utah, Capitol Reef National Park is the one that seems to get overlooked by many tourists, yet it was one of my favourites. Perhaps that’s exactly what I liked about it: fewer people.

The Castle, Capitol Reef National Park, Utah

The Castle, Capitol Reef National Park, Utah

Please click the image to view a larger version.

It is just as rugged and magnificent as all the other parks I visited with its impressive towering cliffs. I only got to see part of the park on this visit, but when I return to Utah this is one place I will definitely explore further.

10 Responses to “The Castle at Capitol Reef”

1. Russ Bishop says:

I love Capitol Reef for the same reasons Anne. It’s so much quieter than all the other parks and just as spectacular. And the historic site of Fruita is a nice plus.
    Russ Bishop recently posted..Intimate LandscapesMy Profile

Beautiful image Anne.
    Edith Levy recently posted..The “Marilyn Monroe” TowersMy Profile

I remember this scene well Anne. Wonderful capture. I hope that you got to Cathedral Valley. To me it is the best part of the park and, yes, the park is so under-rated.
    Len Saltiel recently posted..I Get My Kicks…My Profile

4. Beautiful shot, Anne.
    Fred O’Donnell recently posted..Grevilleas – Family ProteaceaeMy Profile

5. Michelle says:

Nicely focused. Well done.

6. Claire says:

Great shot. I hope that you got to Cathedral Valley. It was the best park for me. Thanks for posting.

7. Born27 says:

Very impressive Anne! I’ve enjoyed this whole series. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and keep up the good work.
    Born27 recently posted..Small Business Phone ServicesMy Profile

8. Gorgeous image, Anne!
    Laurie MacBride recently posted..The Dancers ReturnMy Profile

9. LensScaper says:

Tremendous layering in the image, Anne. At first glance appears almost like a montage. Beautiful light.
    LensScaper recently posted..Jubilee PatriotsMy Profile

10. Jim Denham says:

Yeah, I’ve never heard of it, but it sure looks good in your picture! Love those red rocks! Excellent!
    Jim Denham recently posted..The Early BirdMy Profile