On The Road Again

♬ Start spreading the news … we’re leaving today ♬

I always think of that song when embarking on a new adventure!

I’m glad we’re not going to New York though! To all my photo friends on the east coast our thoughts are with you as we watch what you are going through with the perfect storm out there.

Now that the November rains have arrived here in BC it’s time to head out and find the sun again. Our plan is to go south all the way to southern California where we will start 2 week stints at various RV parks. We missed everything south of Monterey last time so we are going to start there and make our way through southern California and Arizona. I have a feeling we might end up in Texas again since we enjoyed Big Bend National Park so much last year.

This year we will also be going to Quartzsite Arizona where the population swells from 3,500 to over 250,000 when all the snowbird RVers show up. It’s supposed to be a mecca for RVers with all the shows and swap meets and RV rallies. We have heard so much about it we just have to check it out.

So look forward to more dispatches from the road as the adventure continues…

Monument Valley, Arizona

The road to Monument Valley, Arizona

Please click the image to view a larger version.

33 Responses to “On The Road Again”

1. Joe Hudspeth says:

Alright Anne. Looking forward to your posts and pictures.
    Joe Hudspeth recently posted..2012 Fall ColorsMy Profile

Can’t wait to see your images from your new adventure Anne. Nice way to kick it off with one of my favorites – Monument Valley
    Len Saltiel recently posted..Blustering WindMy Profile

3. Stephen says:

Anne
    great to hear you’re heading back out – safe travels – looking forward to all your posts and images – nice MV capture
    Stephen recently posted..Happy HalloweenMy Profile

4. It always feels good to finish with preparation and anticipation and finally hit the road! Have fun, Anne, and let me know what you’re thinking about New Mexico. I’d like a trip to the southern half of the state, and it’d be great meet up again.
    Jackson Frishman recently posted..Aspen DancersMy Profile

5. May I suggest you check out Anza Borrego State Park west of the Salton Sea if you’ve never been there before. Wonderful photo opportunites. On the east side of the Salton Sea is Niland with Slab City and Salvation Mountain. Lots of camera fodder there. I did Quartzite one time at this time of the year. That was enough for me. I want to go back to BBNP too. Awesome place. Happy Trails!

• Hi John, thank you very much for the recommendations! I haven’t been to the Salton Sea yet so I will definitely check out the places you mentioned. It’s always great to get a recommendation for photo spots.

6. Best wishes, Anne. Enjoy your adventure, and I’ll look forward to seeing your future posts. Good luck!!
    Fred O’Donnell recently posted..Jetties, Lake ColacMy Profile

7. Paul Ross says:

Anne (and Ray)

Have a good trip – maybe we will see you when you get back.

Paul

8. Kris Koeller says:

Have a terrific trip! NYC is a mess at the moment, but getting better day by day. Areas outside of the city have long, long months ahead.
    Kris Koeller recently posted..New York City Without LightsMy Profile

9. Chris Hansen says:

Anne, I will be looking forward to your postings. Maybe you can produce a definitive book on Quartzite. I would really suggest you hit Piedras Blancas near San Simeon. It is just below Big Sur. Great spot for Northern Eleaphant Seals. Big Sur is pretty tough for an RV though.The scenery however is magnificent.

Chris Hansen recently posted..Serendipitous SquirrelMy Profile

• Hi Chris, thank you very much for the recommendation. I will check it out because I really want to photograph the elephant seals. I like your idea for a book too! It certainly will be different from what I’m used to photographing! Thanks for your comments.

Looking forward to the adventure (and photographs) Anne.
    Edith Levy recently posted..PHOTOGRAPH – A Digital Quarterly Magazine for Creative PhotographersMy Profile

11. Iza says:

Sounds like a great idea to abandon cold North and had way South at this point. I recently travelled from 40F Iowa to 80F Utah and back- guess which one was harder to adjust ;)?

Have a great trip and looking forward your images!

12. Bob Perry says:

Hi Anne; looking forward to your new posts this winter.I hope you will allow hubby to do some posts on the logistics of the trip. We just purchased this month our 2008 Montana 3000RK 5ver and 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel S/A truck in anticipation of heading out maybe next year. I will need to get my class 3 BC licence this spring. Looking forward to your posts

• Hi Bob, wow congratulations!! That is awesome. It’s great that you got it early so you have time to do some short trips first and get used to how everything works. We lived in ours in the driveway for a week before we sold the house. Ray is actually going to be starting a new website that is all about RV maintenance, products, trips etc. so I’ll let you know when that is ready. I think you and Ray made contact in the Keystone RV forum. Thanks for continuing to follow along on our journey! I can’t wait to see what your adventure brings to you.

13. LensScaper says:

Have a great time, Anne. I look forward to reading more. Fabulous shot for the start of your journey
    LensScaper recently posted..Love is…My Profile

14. Sherry says:

May your travels be safe and fascinating as you head toward warmer climes. Stunning image to get us going. Looking forward to lots more!

15. Kristen says:

Ms. Anne,

I just stumbled upon your blog after reading your post on reflections on the Digital Photography School website. I loved the post. I’m an aspiring photographer with a beginner SLR. Portrait Photography pays the bills, but my passion is for nature photography. I love travel, although I don’t get to do it often. I want to see all kinds of different places and attempt to capture the beauty of God’s creation. Just wanted to let you know that you’ve inspired me, and I’ll be praying for safe travels and keeping an eye out for more wonderful shots.
    Kristen recently posted..My first weddingMy Profile

• Thank you very much for your kind words Kristen! It makes me feel great to know that I have inspired someone and that my work resonates with them. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

16. During the sunset there is an golden evening in the southern california.
    Southern California RV Parks recently posted..Whitefire TheatreMy Profile