Happy New Year!!
It’s been a big year.
In the first half of the year my husband and I finished the second half of our year-long North American Adventure. We left Florida in January, travelled west to California and then north to BC and were back home in June.
It was a little sad that the trip was over but frankly I was too sad about the loss of my dog to notice. On the other other hand it was great to spend a few months with my family back home in the summer.
I changed gears and started spending more time writing in the fall which led to the release of the first eBook I am selling in October. It turned out to be a big success. Then I was offered a couple of blog writing gigs as well.
So, it’s official. I’m a writer and photographer!! The career switch maneuver is complete.
We left BC in November and headed back down to the American Southwest for the winter where my husband and I are both working on new projects.
Yesterday’s post was about the top 10 blog posts from 2012. Now I want to share with you my top 10 photos from 2012. These images are not only my personal favourites, but they exemplify my quest to photograph beautiful things, to see the good in the world, and thereby become a happier person.
I hope that you too can look at these images and see that there are good things in the world.
These photos are listed in the order I made them. Please click on any image to view a larger version.
1. Burrowing owl at Cape Coral, Florida
2. Roseate Spoonbill, Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge, Florida
3. Cacti, Big Bend National Park, Texas
4. Boquillas Canyon, Big Bend National Park, Texas
5. Contrabando, Big Bend State Park, Texas
6. Supermoon at Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
7. Battery Point Lighthouse, Crescent City, California
8. Rebecca Spit, Quadra Island, British Columbia
9. Arch Rock, Joshue Tree National Park, California
10. Joshua Tree National Park Star Trails, California
Thank you for being a part of my world in 2012 and I wish you all good luck and good light in 2013.
Do you have a post of your top 10 images from 2012? Leave a link in the comments!